[openstreetmap-website] Styling a new SimplePanZoom control, similar to the old one (#62)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Aug 8 08:14:42 BST 2012

Hi,

On 08/07/12 22:51, Tom MacWright wrote:
> but with sprites and simplification.

I'm probably too thick to understand what the advantages of sprites and
simplification are, but for viewing in a standard browser window I think
that this submission is not design improvement:

* it is wider than the old one and not transparent, therefore has a much
more massive appearance than the old control and obstructs the map more;

* since the control has the same colour as the page background, to me it
feels like someone has punched a hole into the map at that location -
looks funny.

It is possible that I am just too used to the old layout but unless
"sprites" and "simplification" is something we must desperately have, I
liked the old one better.

Bye
Frederik