[OpenStreetMap] #4514: gps traces corrupted in thumbnail and download, but fine in editor (potlatch)

OpenStreetMap trac at openstreetmap.org
Sat Aug 11 10:59:29 BST 2012

#4514: gps traces corrupted in thumbnail and download, but fine in editor
(potlatch)
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  post@…                   |       Owner:  rails-dev@…
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Yesterday I uploaded two gps traces
 ([http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Guttorm%20Flatab%C3%B8/traces/1289236
 1289236] and
 [http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Guttorm%20Flatab%C3%B8/traces/1289148
 1289148]) with 421 and 237 points.

 They uploaded fine, but if I try to download them back I get a gpx with
 two points, and the generated thumbnail for the traces is also a line
 between two points.
 [https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234927/screenshots/proper%20trace%20in%20potlatch.png
 In potlatch, though, the trace will load fine] (trace shown is 1289236).

 I uploaded the traces as private, but have made them identifiable to easy
 the bug hunt.

 Notice that both traces have the same trace thumbnail, but I am positive
 that they should be different traces (and so the point count seem to
 indicate too).

 There are problems with
 [http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Guttorm%20Flatab%C3%B8/traces/1286624
 1286624] and
 [http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Guttorm%20Flatab%C3%B8/traces/1286535
 1286535] also. The downloads are different (and perhaps valid, but
 probably not), but the thumbnails are identical.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4514>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>