[openstreetmap-website] Added RDFa support for browse/node (#173)

Frederik Ramm notifications at github.com
Sun Dec 2 19:44:53 GMT 2012

In that case, using OSM object IDs is not the right approach as they are not stable.

"Stable IDs" is a discussion we've been having for years, and Roland Olbricht has implemented something like that in Overpass (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Permanent_ID).

Simply slapping RDF on top of our database and thereby declaring our existing IDs permanent doesn't cut it. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/8125890 could be the River Thames today, and a nearby house tomorrow. It would be foolish to link to objects from the outside by their ID; a software solution like Roland's is required to make this work reliably.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/173#issuecomment-10934018