[OpenStreetMap] #4680: Edit > Browse Map Data should be View > Browse Map Data

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Fri Nov 9 20:21:43 GMT 2012

Ha! No - didn't mean to imply that you didn't think there should be a
ticket. : )

It just seems there is much in the mental databases of the veterans and
when us noobs bring things up, the response is frequently, "Yep, we're
aware."

And, especially given the issue of prioritization & who's carrying the
weight, I know there are different schools of thought about ticket filing -
I've seen people discourage filing tickets unless there's a chance they'll
be worked on. Others (like me) tend to think, if you see something, file
something. Then, hopefully you also have the skills to fix it. (I don't...
yet...)

Ref: prioritization. Completely understood! : )

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> On 09/11/12 19:37, Jeff Meyer wrote:
>
>  What's the best practice for filing stuff like this?
>> Even though people may know this, shouldn't there still be a ticket?
>>

> Did I say there shouldn't be a ticket?
>

>  Also - who interprets priority? : )
>>

> Nobody, like most open source projects we completely ignore it except
> somebody decides to be a wise arse and marks their own trivial issue as
> super mega critical at which point I reduce it with extreme prejudice just
> to make a point.
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)