[openstreetmap-website] Filtering the output of the `map` API endpoint (#124)

Frederik Ramm notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 12 00:09:07 GMT 2012

Re. "dev being filled with flamewars", I believe it's a matter of how you approach such a list. If you come barging in with "here's the improvements I want to push as part of the great kickoff (blog link) for our magnificent Knight initiative" then you might see more headwind than if you said "i've been thinking that these things would be nice to have as building blocks for future work; what do you think, and would the API be the right place for that?". It's something you can, and ultimately have to, learn if you want to work with the community. I think modesty might be the word.

Being more of a mailing list guy myself, I've responded to some of your issues on http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/rails-dev where these comments seem to be gated to unidirectionally; I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I really can't bring myself to having discussions in the github browser window.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/124#issuecomment-9362789