[openstreetmap-website] Improve language switching (#132)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 12 18:31:43 GMT 2012

It certainly could be improved yes, although a UI that allowed the full power of the current system would be tricky.

One option is just to drop support for an ordered list of languages - the main down side of that would be that people whose preferred language is not currently available would not be automatically upgraded to it if we add support for it.

The main thing that we get complaints about however is not this, but is the inability to switch language when not logged in - the only real reason we haven't implemented that was a lack of screen real estate in the layout to fit in a language switcher control of some sort.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/132#issuecomment-9385850