[openstreetmap-website] Cleanup to prepare for test expansion (#135)

Reid Parham notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 16 17:45:12 GMT 2012

Thank you, Tom!

I agree on the DB structure file. I’ll back out those changes, soon.

This request is a bunch of smaller commits, squashed together. I’ll restructure the merges and have it parceled out for you.

I agree that the source code reformatting can be problematic, but on merge conflicts the resolution path should be clear. Conversely, I think that a standardized code style should reduce conflicts.

We don’t have files that have non-ASCII string constants, but blanket Unicode declarations are a habit I use to hedge against odd issues with distributed teams. The exceptions and stack trace from encoding issues are strange, and this just solves it up front. It fixes a problem that does not currently exist, but ensures the problem does not arise in the future.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/135#issuecomment-9499511