[openstreetmap-website] Cleanup to prepare for test expansion (#135)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 16 17:25:00 GMT 2012

Firstly, welcome, and thanks for contributing - enhancing our tests is always good!

Now this is a really big (in terms of lines changes) patch and it does a number of different things so I would really like it broken down into multiple commits.

Probably most of the bullet points in your pull request should be separate commits really.

We also need to think about whether we want to be doing wholesale reformatting of source code like this - it has the potential to cause major problems by provoking conflicts whether other people have outstanding work against the old code.

Finally, are we sure we really need to add all those encoding declarations? How many files (if any) do we have that have non-ASCII string constants? I know that I've been using 1.9.3 as my development environment for some months now without ever running into a problem.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/135#issuecomment-9498792