Notes Branch

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Oct 16 18:42:07 GMT 2012

Hi,

> As agreed at last weeks EWG meeting I have now pushed my notes branch
> out into the world. The code is here:
>
>    https://github.com/tomhughes/openstreetmap-website/commits/notes
>
> and a live version is running at:
>
>    http://notes.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/
>
> the notes layer is currently turned on from the edit menu, and new notes
> can be added using the link in the bottom right (which will also turn on
> the notes layer) when you are zoomed in enough.
>
> Current issues which we probably need to think about:
>
>    * Control to turn it on is a bit hidden at the moment
>
>    * No way to turn it off again
>
>    * Notes don't have a title at the moment
>
>    * Whether to allow anonymous users
>
>    * If we are going to allow anonymous users then we need
>      to add a name field to bug entry and commenting - the
>      schema already supports it, the JS just doesn't expose
>      it at the moment.

I'd like to see this on the main site and i have some thoughts:

I't would be nice to later be able to move/correct the position
of the bug until closed - e.g. keep the possibility to move a bug.

It would be nice to make links html hrefs e.g. sometimes one references
external sources e.g. wikipedia, links to objects in the history or
something.

I'll be interested in getting feedback to my bugs e.g. bugs i either
opened or commented on by email.

I dont think notes need a title - The Note ID is a little prominent
would be sufficient to make it the same size as the technical infos of
the comments.

Flo