Which Ruby?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Oct 20 23:07:06 GMT 2012

On 20/10/12 22:37, Jeff Meyer wrote:

> Should I change the Ruby install instructions at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rails_port/Ubuntu
>
> to use the ppa from here:
> That said, we are actually using the ruby
> from http://ppa.launchpad.net/brightbox/ruby-ng/ubuntu now, which actually
> has both, so we could switch if we didn't mind committing to not being
> able to go back to the standard Ubuntu build.

I don't understand what you're asking?

If you're asking what ruby should you use on a local machine for
development then my answer would be to use whatever version comes with
your OS.

Yes in production we are using that PPA but there's really no need for
other people to do so - the only reason we are using it is because it
provides passenger.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)