[openstreetmap-website] Allow cross-origin request to API (#138)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Sun Oct 21 21:49:48 GMT 2012

No a request to `/api/0.6/map` will not be seen by the rails port - in the production environment apache will map that directly to a fastcgi call to cgimap.

I guess I need to read up on CORS to understand all this, but from what you're saying it sounds like this is fundamentally different to the way that flash and silverlight handle this, where we just publish a static document indicating what is and is not allowed?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/138#issuecomment-9648068