[openstreetmap-website] Allow cross-origin request to API (#138)

John Firebaugh notifications at github.com
Sun Oct 21 22:07:28 GMT 2012

Yes, this is different than what flash and silverlight do for cross-origin requests. Basically, what happens is the browser preflights any cross-origin request by making an OPTIONS request to the same path, and if it gets an affirmative response, the request is permitted.

Can we update the apache config so that OPTIONS requests always go to the rails port? Then we wouldn't need any cgimap changes.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/138#issuecomment-9648247