[openstreetmap-website] Changing approach to layout in order to fix some weird css problems. (#148)

Saman Bemel-Benrud notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 24 23:28:43 GMT 2012

Hi,

this pull request is based on #144, but _only_ with the positioning changes, not any other changes. To quote from #144,

> I moved away from an absolute-positioned #content divs everywhere. This was causing some weird problems when users scrolled down, [like not showing bottom padding](http://cl.ly/image/3l2d402o1e2X), and [prematurely cutting off the left keyline](http://cl.ly/image/2i1c441C1X1X). Now, the content area is `position: relative` most of the time, and `position: fixed` when the full screen map is in place. Using `position:fixed` on the big map is nice because you can now scroll down to see more sidebar content, [but you won't end up with an ugly block of white space under the map](http://cl.ly/image/0f051s0v1E3G).

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/samanpwbb/openstreetmap-website positioning-adjustments

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/148

-- Commit Summary --

  * changing approach to layout in order to fix some weird css problems.

-- File Changes --

M app/assets/stylesheets/common.css.scss (40)
M app/assets/stylesheets/large.css (6)
M app/assets/stylesheets/ltr.css.scss (19)
M app/assets/stylesheets/rtl.css.scss (12)
M app/assets/stylesheets/small.css.scss (31)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/148.patch
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/148.diff

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/148