[openstreetmap-website] Write and use jsonp api for nominatim for the rails port (#80)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 4 19:25:46 BST 2012

The only issue with that is that the search system is built as a multi-backend infrastructure with code being shared among the different search engines as much as possible. So moving one to client side means breaking that shared code approach.

That said, it may well be that we can drop the other search engines now - they were important in the early days but our data is probably rich enough to stand alone now.

Either that or we can move the whole thing to the client.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/80#issuecomment-8273466