[openstreetmap-website] This removes the whereami functionality. (#85)

Tom MacWright notifications at github.com
Thu Sep 6 00:02:44 BST 2012

I can't find any clear use case for this in order to make the
'Where Am I' text under the search box any more understandable
than the randomness it is currently. It isn't a common feature on other sites, doesn't
help with the editing experience afaik, and it seems to me like
clutter both in code and design.

Discuss as necessary, this is obviously not a straightforward change.

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/tmcw/openstreetmap-website no-whereami

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/85

-- Commit Summary --

  * This removes the whereami functionality. I can't

-- File Changes --

M app/controllers/geocoder_controller.rb (92)
D app/views/geocoder/description.html.erb (13)
M app/views/site/_search.html.erb (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/85.patch
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/85.diff