[openstreetmap-website] Move license attribution to standard OpenLayers control (#101)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Thu Sep 20 07:15:03 BST 2012

What do you mean by "move license attribution" exactly? We don't currently display a license attribution because I don't see any point cluttering up the map with more overlays when the map is on the OpenStreetMap web site and we already have a link to license information beside it.

If you're talking about moving the copyright link from the side bar to overlay it on the map then I would be opposed to that as that link is more than just attribution, it's a general link to information about our licensing and copyright policy. If we want to overlay attribution on the map then it should be in addition to the current link in the sidebar

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/101#issuecomment-8717726