[openstreetmap-website] Layers panel should be closed after selecting a layer (#465)

vincentdephily notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 29 09:07:52 UTC 2013

Closing the panel after choosing a layer seems too drastic for me. For example I'll often switch back and forth from one layer to the other to compare.

Maybe close the panel after mouseleave+timeout ? That would work equaly well for the 'share' pannel (but not 'legend', which needs to stay up). I'm not sure what to do about mouse-less devices (aka phones*tablets). Maybe close after a long (2-5s) interaction timeout, or close immediately after interacting with the map ?

Actually, that last strategy might make sense for all devices, seems fairly clean and surprise-free ?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/465#issuecomment-23476145