[openstreetmap-website] note gpx format of a limited use (#457)

SomeoneElseOSM notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 2 13:48:13 UTC 2013

A little more info on what might be the issue here - Garmin GPSs (which are probably the majority dedicated GPS units that use OSM data) are fairly limited in terms of what they consided a "valid GPX" (at least my antique one does).  It takes a bit of fiddling about to get something that fits nicely in the comment field.  When I tried the "default" notes GPX extract it does load, but almost none of the information is visible on it.  I ended up writing https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/Notes01 to do the job (still far from complete, but it does have a go at creating a usable "comment" from the note text).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/457#issuecomment-29618451