Overpass popup patch

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jan 21 09:50:10 GMT 2013

On 18/01/13 18:42, Roland Olbricht wrote:

>> Well my point was that from reading your patch it looked like that was
>> the current design (any click opens a popup) but I imagine we would want
>> something more subtle than that, depending on exactly when leaflet fires
>> a click event.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. After some testing I'm quite sure that this
> doesn't interfere with dragging the map, shift plus left mouse button, or the
> right mouse key (which seems to be unused anyway in leaflet).

Well obviously now that I've seen it live it's not as bad as I thought
it might be - as I said it would depend on exactly when leaflet triggers
that event.

My thought was more that you might have to explicitly activate this
functionality in some way rather than just having it on all the time.

One idea for example might be to have it as a "layer" that you could
activate in the layer switcher - it might even open the sidebar with
some text explaining to click on the map to view details and then show
the details in the sidebar rather than a popup.

Not saying we should do it that way, just that we should discuss the
best way for it to work before getting into specific code reviews.

> What's left are double clicks. They still magnify, but open a popup in
> addition. I'm not sure whether this is a relevant for the user experience, but
> I'll look for alternative approaches.

Yes I think that would be unacceptable really - somebody on talk has
already commented on it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)