[openstreetmap-website] Retain information in URL during user signup (#400)

Saman Bemel-Benrud notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 30 22:27:30 UTC 2013

Right now,

We encode information about which editor is in user and the location that you're editing in when sharing URLS. If I'm in Washington, DC in iD I get this URL:

`http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&lat=42.80866&lon=-87.94369&zoom=15`

If I share this with a logged-in user, they'll be able to jump right into iD in that area. Pretty cool.

If I share it with a user who isn't logged in, the parameters in the URL are retained throughout the login process, but then we lose them once the user goes through e-mail confirmation. Cam we retain the URL parameters in the e-mail, and send the user to the destination encoded in the URL once they've truly finished the login process?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/400