[openstreetmap-website] Redesign (#498)
notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 13 09:13:29 UTC 2013
Some nit-picking about the really nice all-in-sidebar data browser:
* the changeset comment in the object view looks like an object description, i.e. it is not really clear that it relates to a changeset.
* sidebar could do with a more distinct header. With search, data browser and notes layer all using the sidebar at the same time, it's not always clear what is currently displaying. For an extreme example see [this note](http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/note/17?layers=ND).
* the blue marking for the currently selected object is hard to make out among the other blue vector objects. I'm aware that it always has been done this way. Difference is that now that it is possible to navigate between objects directly on the side bar, the visual feedback on the map of what is currently selected has become much more important. A distinct color for "that's what you see described on the sidebar" would be nice.
* when enabling the data layer in a low zoom level there used to be a message that explains why nothing happens, now there is no feedback whatsoever.
* links in the data browsing pages could do with visible feedback when something takes longer to load. (Maybe just clear the sidebar while it loads? Then it becomes obvious that it is doing something.)
* I find it slightly unnerving that the sidebar content jumps around every time 'Loading...' appears.
In general, something strange seems to be going on with the fonts. Your screen shot looks like there should be bolder fonts for subheadings and the like. Here (Firefox 26 and chromium 30 on Linux) everything is pretty much in the same size, boldness and color. Makes it rather difficult to quickly focus on particular content in the sidebar.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev