[openstreetmap-website] Redesign (#498)

simonpoole notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 13 09:15:00 UTC 2013

I mentioned this very early on in the process, one of the failings of the current design is that there is no easy/fast method to communicate from the operators of the site to the users (this might be something operational, or other note worthy news). If I remember correctly part of the original redesign mock ups was some kind of news functionality.

The redesign as it is now would seem to aggravate the issue moving the only place where we have such functionality (the wiki) even further away from the user.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/498#issuecomment-28379309