[openstreetmap-website] [enhancement] Trace description autosuggestion (#514)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 22 07:40:39 UTC 2013

I can't imagine any reasonable way in which we could determine if a filename is "meaningful" though - that's basically asking the uploader to be able to pass a Turing test.

I can't even see that there's a good heuristic that isn't just going to lead to an endless series of complaints about edge cases that have, or have not, been parsed as meaningful.

Basically, crowd sourcing this, by asking a human to type something in, is far easier than trying to automate it.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/514#issuecomment-26782839