[openstreetmap-website] changeset tags should be modifiable for closed changesets (#470)

Frederik Ramm notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 3 09:02:34 UTC 2013

We have had a number of situations where people accidentally used a wrong changeset comment and found this embarrassing (in one case, so embarrassing that the user requested his account and all his contributions be deleted).

Also, some people leave the changeset comment field empty and later they understand how useful it is and would like to go back and fix it.

We should allow the modification of changeset tags, through its owner, even after the changeset has been closed. While this destroys the certainty that a closed changeset is immutable (and therefore makes it more difficult for someone to e.g. keep a mirror of all changeset metadata), I think the advantages outweigh the problems.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/470