[openstreetmap-website] Add link to forum on help page (#718)

peter0815 notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 17 22:10:51 UTC 2014

Tom, please don't get me wrong, I highly respect you volunteering on this!

> That page hasn't changed in months.
You're absolute right and unfortunately I haven't noticed this before, as I know the forum url by heart. But it doesn't change the basic problem: the new design wasn't well thought as it just cuts off a major regional community (i.e. the german forum) from visibility. Especially newcomers will never manage to find the forum.

Finally I managed to find a click path to the forum:
--> Help
--> wiki.openstreetmap.org
--> change language to german
--> click forum

Again, the forum is the major german community, probably even before the mailing list, and under all circumstances before the user diaries (which one reaches with two clicks instead of 4..)

So I strongly plead to include the forum link on the About page in section 'Community driven'

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/718#issuecomment-40768843