[openstreetmap-website] Searching for node showed a blank spot on the map (poor user experience) (#861)

brycenesbitt notifications at github.com
Sun Dec 28 08:48:22 UTC 2014

What I saw:
1) I searched for http://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=KATX , a node that is not rendered on the default style sheet.  This is the Seattle area NOAA weather radar station.

2) The map ended up centered in roughly the right area.  A red pin appeared somewhat near the actual KATX, but as I moved my mouse to click, the red pin disappeared.  Hovering over the link to KATX the red pin appeared, but I wanted to click on it for more information, and it would disappear each time my mouse moved toward it.

---
What I expected:
1) To be able to click the pin for more information.
2) To have the red pin appear in the exact right position, even if that area is blank on the default map.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/861