[openstreetmap-website] unsorted relations-to-delete cause "precondition failed" at upload (#688)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 28 20:09:24 UTC 2014

This has been the case ever since the diff upload was introduced, and I know that JOSM has code to do the ordering so it really does just sounds like there is a bug in that code. It's no different to the ordering that JOSM already has to do in individual object mode anyway, so they already need code to do this.

Sure we could sort the changes on the server before applying them, but that would mean having to read the whole thing into memory instead of being able to process it as a stream.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/688#issuecomment-33519309