[openstreetmap-website] Add Wikidata-links to browse-helper (#786)

Florian Schäfer notifications at github.com
Sun Jul 20 11:20:05 UTC 2014

> I don't think we want to visually present this with a link to Justin Bieber on Wikidata

Don't worry, we won't present it visually. We'll play every bit of Justin Bieber audio we can find on Commons as someone browses to the Justin-Bieber-Street ;-).

But seriously: Do you think, such meta-information makes no sense? I know many streets with explanations about the name giver at the street sign (see below).

![Straßenschild Ahlmannstraße Kiel-Ravensberg mit Erklärung](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3904348/3637148/777b4f5e-0ff6-11e4-9a1f-1242a7ef3d1c.jpg) image by Christian Alexander Tietgen - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 over [Wikimedia Commons](https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stra%C3%9Fenschild_Ahlmannstra%C3%9Fe_Kiel-Ravensberg_mit_Erkl%C3%A4rung.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Stra%C3%9Fenschild_Ahlmannstra%C3%9Fe_Kiel-Ravensberg_mit_Erkl%C3%A4rung.jpg)

I find such information very useful, as long as it's not exaggerated like is_a:wikidata=Q79007 on every highway. And I think even if you are not interested in whom this street is named after, it could make sense to just see, what is tagged without going on the wikidata-page. The fewest people understand Q34086.

I've just hacked together a quick mockup of how I'd like the wikidata-information to be displayed:
![Baldwin Street](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3904348/3637216/77907bd6-0ffb-11e4-8ba2-8b41159c9a2e.png)
This is [Baldwin Street](https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/101935356) in New Zealand, the steepest street in the world. With the Wikidata-labels you can directly see from osm.org, that the street is named after William Baldwin.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/786#issuecomment-49543903