[openstreetmap-website] Add Wikidata-links to browse-helper (#786)

Florian Schäfer notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 22 00:51:53 UTC 2014

>+1. My understanding was that we add the wikidata tag for the OSM object (physical thing) and then this taps us in to wikidata's linked data store. So using your example of Baldwin Street we add Q804877 for the physical street, and that page includes Q8004980 for the streets namesake (and indeed it does). If that information is in wikidata, why replicate it here?
>
>But in regards to this pull request - good work :-)

Thank you!

Yes, the name:etymology:wikidata-tag is duplicating wikidata. It was a badly chosen example. Just wanted to show, that it should work for both the "simple" and the prefixed wikidata-tag. But normally, an OSM-object just needs one wikidata-item, because all other information could then be obtained from wikidata (probably except seldom cases). That's why I ended up with an object, that's duplicating data.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/786#issuecomment-49685662