[openstreetmap-website] Usernames are not XML-char safe (#759)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Wed Jun 18 23:29:35 UTC 2014

I've blocked the byte order markers as well now, in 0cc579b2875a1f31d4425cc90378fd8cbf934974.

The only other thing we should be blocking is surrogates, but ruby literally won't let you write them as a range, presumably because it insists on them appearing as a valid pair which it would then decode into a single codepoint, so it's likely it will do the same if receiving them from the network.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/759#issuecomment-46507475