[openstreetmap-website] Add an overpass based query tool (#721)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Mon Mar 17 18:40:50 UTC 2014

Well my original hope was that we could drop the data layer - as you say there are performance issues with it and on top of that in a busy area it just produces a complete mess of features that are hard to choose select.

Certainly for the things I normally use the data layer for I think this will be a far better and more usable solution.

That said I was persuaded that there are a few users doing things like DWG investigations who would still find the data layer useful so currently I don't see us removing it, though we might make it less "sticky" so that it doesn't reactivate if you happen to have had it on during your last visit.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/721#issuecomment-37853840