[openstreetmap-website] OpenStreetMap Map key is not working in STANDARD LAYER (#747)

gregcrago notifications at github.com
Tue May 20 02:16:50 UTC 2014

I would consider UNPAVED roads to be a considerable map feature that many
people would find useful. If you want to make a Route to avoid UNPAVED,
DIRT, SAND, GRAVEL roads you need to see the linetype of the road DIFFERENT
than PAVED roads. Currently, the only way to determine if a road is not
PAVED is to select the road and check the SURFACE tag.

Compared to Garmin's NAVTEQ maps which have UNPAVED roads are Dashed lines
and clearly visible on the map. OpenStreetMaps all roads look similar and
see 'far behind' NAVTEQ's level of detail.

Greg Crago

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/747#issuecomment-43579903