[openstreetmap-website] www.osm.org with 1024x768 has overlapping links (#821)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Thu Nov 6 00:13:53 UTC 2014

It's pretty much impossible to do anything about this - there is already a ticket for it I think but the basic problem as @pnorman says is that whatever width we set as the point at which we collapse them into a menu winds up being wrong for some particularly long winded language.

If we set the width based on the longest language (if we can even work that out) then we wind up collapsing ridiculously early for less verbose languages.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/821#issuecomment-61906381