[openstreetmap-website] Website should redirect HTTP connections to HTTPS (#833)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Thu Nov 13 20:33:05 UTC 2014

I *thought* this was a duplicate of a previous ticket, but couldn't find it. It's probably in trac, and as it's not solely an openstreetmap-website issue, perhaps in the admin or api components.

#773 is related, but there's been no decision taken to move to exclusively HTTPS. My recollection that such a move was rejected in the past.

Given the high number of non-browser clients hitting the website via api.openstreetmap.org, this would require testing of editors and other clients.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/833#issuecomment-62961096