[openstreetmap-website] Add a way to view history that is fully contained in a bounding box (#837)

EwenH notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 18 09:48:48 UTC 2014

Sorry @tomhughes  but your "Err, what on earth are you talking about..." is disappointing. In two years a fix to this has not occurred from what I believe and I was offering an alternative that may have been a rapid deploy. Sorry for offering an opinion in an open forum

In a large update world wide, it is probably a fix that will either not impact on your town, or that you are not interested in. What editors are after is to see how the place has morphed and this is extremely difficult to locate these changes throughout the myriad of national and global changes. I stated the default should be all edits and then the user can then tweak the filter. There will obviously be exceptions to this rule

That was my first or second post on OSM, I am sorry for infringing people's indignations.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/837#issuecomment-63445310