[openstreetmap-website] Error 500 when clicking on Smart Bookmark (#1101)
Sarah Lasair Berry
notifications at github.com
Sun Dec 6 20:05:32 UTC 2015
I posted about this bug on the IRC channel `#osm` and was suggested to report it on `#osm-dev` as well as here.
You can bookmark the OSM search field as a search tag, and substituting `%s` with a search term or using the assigned keyword in the URL bar will work as expected. However, whilst on most other sites clicking on the bookmark itself will merely result in a search results (or equivalent) page with nothing but `%s` in the search field, doing so on OSM will yield an `HTTP 500` error.
(This feature is known as a *Smart Bookmark* (aka *Smart Keyword*). Basically, say if you designate the keyword `osmmap` for OSM's search function, if you type into the URL bar the string `osmmap toledo, ohio, usa`, it will automatically search the site itself through that. It's basically the `site:` operator minus the search engine being the one to show the results page.)<sup>1, 2</sup>
### What I've Tried
- Whitelisted OSM in NoScript. *Result*: Problem persists.
- Tried it in Safe Mode in Firefox. *Result*: Problem persists.
- Tried it in Incognito Mode in Chrome. *Result*: Problem persists.
- IRC user `@chippy` tried it on their computer. *Result*: Problem persists.
- *Firefox (Normal Mode)*: https://i.imgur.com/ISdkhu9.png
- *Firefox (Safe Mode)*: http://i.imgur.com/zg39S7l.png
- *Chrome (Incognito Mode)*: http://i.imgur.com/7WSe4L8.png
- *Make & Model*: Dell Inspiron N5010
- *Operating System*: Ubuntu 15.04
- *Firefox Info*: v42.0 ("Mozilla Firefox for Canonical – 1.0") (Stable Channel)
- *Chrome Info*: 46.0.2490.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1. [Firefox Smart Bookmarks](https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-search-from-address-bar)
2. [Wikipedia, *Smart Bookmarks*](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Bookmarks)
3. I don't know the specs of `@Chippy`'s setup.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev