[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up (#894)

simonpoole notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 11:26:45 UTC 2015

@mvexel while I'm sure nobody wants the sign up process to be complicated, but I don't really see a lot of opportunity for streamlining. And actually the signup process is fairly OK on mobile (just tested) given that the forms are really simple and don't require a lot of effort to fill out. The point about receiveing e-mail on mobile devices is however valid and maybe we should investigate that a bit more.

Outside of the above: repeating the e-mail address is probably not really a hard requirement and the PD checkbox doesn't really need to be on the sign up form (actually that goes for non-mobile too).

As to the legal stuff, agreeing to the CTs is a must, and if it was up to me, I would make both our privacy policy (once rewritten) and the AUP more prominent.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-73866982