[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up (#894)

emacsen notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 14:59:10 UTC 2015

Tom,

The issue isn't casual users, it's modality. It's hard to sign up on a mobile device. I think what Martijn is asking about is "Can we decouple the web site from the experience of a signup?" For example could you send the Contributor Agreements in an email? Could you make some other workflow for users who want to sign people up via an application? Is there some way to support this workflow other than "Go to website, enter your preferred display name and password,  click through agreements, etc."

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-73894395