[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up (#894)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 15:05:57 UTC 2015

Nobody is objecting to making it easier to signup on a mobile device - we are objecting to the proposed way of doing so, which involves not taking some of the steps which we currently take and which we believe are critical.

The principle is fine, the proposed solution is not.

The argument in favour of the proposed solution is that there are use cases where taking those extra steps are not critical. I for one am not convinced those use cases are real, or at least important enough to spend time and energy on.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-73895630