[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up for mobile users (#894)

simonpoole notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 12 13:11:26 UTC 2015

I just wanted to point out something which is obvious, but may have got lost in discussion. Essentially every Android user has an google account (I assume Apple likely has something similar) that could be used for this. We currently have an issue in that google is moving from OpenId to OAuth 2.0 and we need to support that  (but have to in any case).

For more information see https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OpenIDConnect

While not 100% sure, I expect a sign up via this would essentially boil down to ticking a few check boxes (and could all be run in a WebView without starting an external browser).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-74067879