[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up for mobile users (#894)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 12 17:46:58 UTC 2015

It's a tricky one - technically it should be a URL and we have set the field to `type=url` to reflect that, which is causing your browser to validate it and decide it's not valid.

Whether it would work if you get past the browser check I'm not sure. It doesn't look like we special case yahoo, so I suspect not. We do special case google by converting anything that include `gmail.com` or `google.com` to the real openid endpoint address.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-74117025