[openstreetmap-website] "thank you" feature (#875)

danstowell notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 20 11:51:41 UTC 2015

I'd like to argue against "Please god no". Such features encourage us towards more of a feeling of community oversight and second-checking of changes, in a positive rather than argumentative manner. It strikes me as healthy for the OSM community.

On the other hand, I think as @vincentdephily says, for now at least we can use the changeset discussion feature to prototype that as a feature of our community. I've already been adding little thankyous here and there, and I think it's worth doing, *without* at this point adding any more technical features.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/875#issuecomment-70642633