[openstreetmap-website] Routing (#716)

danstowell notifications at github.com
Mon Jan 26 18:11:51 UTC 2015

Oops just found another glitch: if you shrink your screen so that the "small" stylesheet is in operation, then the routing **uses the wrong search text**, because it grabs the text from the copy of the form which is shown to big-screeners!

This will fail silently if there's no text in the big-screener form: it simply looks like it silently decides not to give you any routing. But if you start in big-screen mode, enter text, then shrink to small-screen mode and try a *different* search, you'll see it return results for the old one.

I believe the reason is related to the fact that the site outputs two separate HTML blocks for the form in the two modes. I'd imagine the JS didn't expect that.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/716#issuecomment-71507959