[openstreetmap-website] Automatically add addr:place (#885)

Marcel notifications at github.com
Sat Jan 31 14:22:18 UTC 2015

Most small villages in Austria have street names, but they don't match with the name of the street that corresponds with the house number.

E.g.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/46.89243/10.50261
The name of the street is "Mittergasse" but the address for the building is "Nauders 61"

Unfortunately this happens quite often and most house numbers got added with the addr:street + addr:housenumber tag. As there is not street with this name in the immediate vicinity, the housenumber can not be found using the search.

I wouldn't mind to add some addr:place tags, but that problem occurs in most of the villages here and I'm simply not able to change it for all of them.

Therefor my suggestion that the addr:place tag gets automatically added with the name of the addr:street tag if there is no street with the same name in the proximity.

(Another possibility would be to allow the search to find the house number with the street name not matter if the street does even exist in the village)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/885