[openstreetmap-website] Search results: clarify "is-in" list (#1006)

daganzdaanda notifications at github.com
Wed Jul 15 11:20:58 UTC 2015

A user opened this note https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/375269 because he was irritated by the way the search results are presented. He thought, the comma-seperated list of things that follow the result are nearby features (e.g. churches).

Can we clarify the meaning of the list?
```
Fußgängerzone Im Annahof, Innenstadt, St. Ulrich-Dom, Innenstadt, Augsburg, Schwaben, Bayern, 86150, Deutschland
```
The Nominatim result is here:
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=68417564

Possible solutions:

1) Add the words "Located in:" after the name of the search result and before the list of "is-ins".

2) Add the titles of the items, e.g. admin level 11: Innenstadt, St. Ulrich-Dom
This would make the list a lot longer. Using a descriptive title would be nicer, but adminlevels are not used consistently all over the world.

3) Link each part of the list to the object / relation it refers to.
That might confuse people who mis-click when they want to follow the search result.

It would also make sense to optically separate the search result from the "tail". I would suggest to start a new line for the "is-ins" and maybe use a smaller font.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1006