[GSoC] Moderation Queue for osm.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Mar 15 16:59:43 UTC 2015

On 15/03/15 16:52, Yos Riady wrote:

> As I understand it from the one-line summary, this project is about
> adding a reporting and moderation system for the osm website. It'll mean
> adding a new "Report" page where events and users can be reported and a
> dashboard for admin users to receive and process these reports. Having
> made some edits on the openstreetmap website, I can understand why this
> feature is very important. In fact, I'm surprised we don't have that
> already. From what I understand, the detailed implementation involves:
>
>   * Creating a new polymorphic model that points to either a ChangeSet
>     or a User model that is being reported

In the first instance it's more about diary entries and comments than
about changesets, though we can consider extending to include that if
there is enough time. Serge (the mentor) has the details.

The key point is the idea of a polymorphic model anyway, as that will
allow us to support reporting of anything.

>   * Views and controllers to support reporting and admin approval/moderation

Well reporting will be done from existing views I imagine but yes new
views will be needed for presenting moderation requests to admins.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/