[GSoC] Moderation Queue for osm.org

Yos Riady yosriady at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:52:43 UTC 2015

Hello!

I'm a senior CS undergraduate at the National University of Singapore and
I'm interested in learning more and get a discussion going on the* Moderation
Queue for osm.org project.
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Project_Ideas>*

As I understand it from the one-line summary, this project is about adding
a reporting and moderation system for the osm website. It'll mean adding a
new "Report" page where events and users can be reported and a dashboard
for admin users to receive and process these reports. Having made some
edits on the openstreetmap website, I can understand why this feature is
very important. In fact, I'm surprised we don't have that already. From
what I understand, the detailed implementation involves:

   - Creating a new polymorphic model that points to either a ChangeSet or
   a User model that is being reported
   - Views and controllers to support reporting and admin
   approval/moderation
   - Unit and Functional Tests

Is this what the project entails, or is the scope of the project more
ambitious? *I'd be happy to learn more about the project requirements and
get the discussion started. *
I'm still in the middle of browsing the codebase and the development Wiki
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Develop>, so pardon my lack of domain
specific knowledge.

I've forked <https://github.com/Leventhan/openstreetmap-website> and cloned
the openstreetmap-website project locally just fine, and I believe my
previous Ruby/Rails development experience on both commercial
<https://www.lookbooker.com.sg/> and personal <http://www.sheethub.co/>
projects makes me a good fit for this project.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Yos Riady (CV
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LbTDgyHmJcTXHjuoCwaIaNrgM_lht61ZG2_opom7lLQ>