[openstreetmap-website] www.openstreetmap.org broken on IE8 (#931)

davidearl notifications at github.com
Mon Mar 16 13:06:41 UTC 2015

It displays the search box, and a random selection of close 'x's but no map and none of the controls down the right. As well as a real IE8, it also fails in the IE8 emulator in IE11 so shouldn't be too hard to find, though I can't see any relevant Javascript console messages.

I know IE8 is obsolete, but sadly, both my local authorities (Camridge City and Cambridgeshire County Council) still use it. I suspect many other councils do too.

Leaflet in general works OK on IE8.

IE9 is OK.

IE7 doesn't even display the search box, just the logo

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/931