[openstreetmap-website] About database setup (#978)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Fri May 29 10:10:25 UTC 2015

This is the openstreetmap issue tracker, not the postgres help desk. You need to make sure you have a working postgres server that you can connect to before you start trying to install our code.

If "psql template1" does not work at the command line then you are not ready to install out code and you need to seek help from an appropriate postgresl forum.

I would add that installing postgres from source is almost certainly a mistake. You don't say what platform you are using, but unless it is seriously obscure I would imagine there are far better solutions using a prebuilt version.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/978#issuecomment-106764470