[openstreetmap-website] suppress creating accounts by bots/scripts (#1083)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 9 19:23:21 UTC 2015

Are these accounts actually doing anybody any harm?

We're not a startup that is using user numbers as a measure of success, so if they're just sitting there then who cares?

At the end of the day anything we do will just be a constant arms race where we make life harder and harder for the real users.

If there was a good solution then that would be wonderful, but there isn't, or everybody would be using it!

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1083#issuecomment-155164490